Setting up the Hikvision cameras and recording system
These are the Hikvision DS-2CD2343G0-I Cameras (C0001152) that will replace the obsolete UCAMs that have been used on previous machines.
Connected via a multi way PoE injector (C0001238).
And with SD card (C0001239).
Step 1 - Open SADPTool
On the machine open the “SADPTool” . This is our camera finder and IP address modifier for the cameras
Step 2 - Activate Camera
When open, the SADP Tool will display all Hikvision cameras connected to the local network. If the IP address has not been modified before going to site the camera needs to be Activated,.
- To do this select the current inactive camera.
- Then open the side sub menu on the far right.
- Input the password: Stuga001 and click Activate.
|Step_Content=You will be prompted two answer three security questions.
Step 3 - Open in Internet Explorer + Download Plugin
- Using internet explorer type the IP address into the web address bar.
- Type in the username: admin and password: Stuga001
- Click on the link to download a plugin. When prompted, click Run.
Step 4 - Web Browser User Interface
- The initial screen is the Live View
- Playback is where recordings that are saved to the SD card are viewed and downloaded.
- Picture (is not used) for the snapshot function.
- Configuration used to change settings and set up SD card.
Step 5 - Setup SD Card Storage
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- On the left menu go to Storage.
- Then go to the sub-menu Storage Management.
- If the SD card has been installed correctly it will show under the HDD Management box. Select the SD card.
- Now click Format. This process can take up to 2 minutes.
- Click SAVE
Step 6 - Schedule Settings
- Go to the next sub-menu Schedule Settings.
- Delete the default schedule.
- On the drop down menu select Motion.
- Highlight the entire week in this (Green)
- Go to Advanced in the top right.
- Change Post Record to 1 minute and press OK.
- Press SAVE.
Step 7 - Events
- Go to the Event tab on the side menu.
- Then go to the Basic Event sub-menu.
- Now select the check box Enable Motion Detection.
- Draw an area for the camera motion detect. (Right click on the last corner of the shape to save)
- Go To Linkage Method Tab
- Check that 'Notify Surveillance Center' & 'Trigger recording/ A1' are ticked
Step 8 - Flipping the Image
Sometimes the cameras are required to to be installed in a different position than standard. This may cause the image on Live View to be inverted. If this is required please follow this step, if not move onto step 10.
- Go to the Image tab on the side menu.
- Go to the sub-menu Video Adjustment.
- Using the Mirror option choose to flip the image Up/Down or Left/Right.
Step 9 - Information Shown on Stream
- Go to the Image tab.
- Go to the OSD Settings along the top tab.
- Change the Camera Name to one that represents the cameras position i.e. "Saw Camera" or "Infeed Camera".
- To add any additional information such as IP address. Fill in a row under Text Overlay and check mark the box next to it. Any information put on this will also show on recordings.
Step 10 - Video Quality
- Go to the Video/Audio tab on the side menu.
- Make sure Video Quality is set to Lowest.
Step 11 - Time Settings
- Go to the System tab on the side menu.
- Go to the side sub-menu System Settings.
- Go to the top tab Time Settings.
- Set the Time Zone to GMT +00:00.
- Make sure NTP is checked and testes.
- Then on the top tab go to DST.
- Select the Enable DST checkbox.
- Change DST Bias to 60minute(s).
Step 12 - Saving Locally
- Go to the Local tab on the side menu
- Under Record File Settings change the Save Downloaded Files to path a known camera location on the C:\ Drive.
- All cameras on the network will save to the same place.